Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   " What exactly is a Tommy"? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7607)

Sentai Envy 12/04/16 08:55 PM

Re: " What exactly is a Tommy"?

American Sentai fans and there love for Tommy is so annoying. Its actually pretty insulting that the producers thought Tomny was a good adaption of Braza.

Forever Jason 12/04/16 09:58 PM

Jason was way more important than Tommy. A much better character as well.

Green Spandex Supreme 12/05/16 12:07 AM

Tommy is a fan favorite. And really helped to bring the show a lot of popularity. He deserves all the attention he gets. You really can't compare him to Braza. They are two tottally different characters.

PRangerX 12/05/16 12:29 PM

Lets not discount Tommy's contributions. I mean I liked Jason better myself ...But to say Tommy didn't play a big role in establishing MMPR just doesn't hold up. The show is more than about Tommy. As it survived without him for years and aside from a few reapparances still is. But to deny he is a big part of the show's history is doing a diservice to the character.

Ninja Storm Fan 12/05/16 07:06 PM

I never particularly care for Tommy. I saw a lot of hype around him when DinoThunder was coming out. He didn't wow me there. Nor did he in all the old episodes I watched. He seemed just kind of there in season 1. And than he just wasn't likeable as White Ranger. He was bland in Zeo and Turbo. His appearance in "Forever Red" is forgettable. And really so is that whole episode, but I digress. Cam is a much better Green Ranger than Tommy ever was. And a much better character despite only being around for a year.

KimandTommy 12/06/16 06:35 PM

How can you not like Tommy, he is the best!

Jungle Fury Master 12/06/16 09:27 PM

Maybe he or she just doesn't like him. I don't not like him but he is just another Ranger to me. RJ is actually my favorite.

Cassidy Casablancas 12/06/16 09:30 PM

To me its a no brainier. Tommy is the most important Ranger and character in the shows history,. Most fans think so or close to those ideas. I just don't think anyone who is unbiased can say that Tommy isn't the most popular and important. The evidence is all there// The character himself is very likeable.