Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why did A Squad go bad? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6335)

No Green Spandex 01/29/15 10:50 PM

Re: Why did A Squad go bad?

I always thought it would have been cool if A Squad stuck around longer. Having B Squad be on the sidelines and taking lesser jobs at first would have been interesting way to follow. Just like in the first few episodes. It would have been a pretty original concept.

PsychoGreen 02/03/15 01:34 PM

I don't like the comic insinuating that they were brainwashed by Gruumm. I do like that in the show they were the first team of rangers to genuinely just decide to be bad.

Sailor Chaos 02/03/15 02:31 PM

I agree, it was interesting seeing an evil team of Rangers. Plus it brought B Squad full circle. Since they had to face off against the heralded A Squad. Who they were supposed to be inferior too.

Usagi Reborn 02/03/15 02:32 PM

I did think it was dumb for B Squad to just beat A Squad by going swat. They should have beat them on their own merits.

Todd Oliver 02/03/15 02:37 PM

But A Squad kinda looked like they had their own Swat mode. So it made sense for B Squad to need their own swat mode. A Squad was pretty tough. B Squad should have had some trouble against them at first.

Usagi Reborn 02/03/15 02:40 PM

It was just done too easily once they went Swat. There should have been more of a struggle.

PsychoGreen 02/03/15 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Chaos (Post 51576)
I agree, it was interesting seeing an evil team of Rangers. Plus it brought B Squad full circle. Since they had to face off against the heralded A Squad. Who they were supposed to be inferior too.

Right away it was one of the things that drew me to SPD. No spells or brainwashing, just a bunch of bad seeds, and yeah, it really helped B-squad come full circle as you put it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi Reborn (Post 51577)
I did think it was dumb for B Squad to just beat A Squad by going swat. They should have beat them on their own merits.
It was just done too easily once they went Swat. There should have been more of a struggle.

Yeah, the A-squad were so dominating, only to be trumped pretty darn quickly once B went SWAT. I feel like the final fight could have been a lot closer.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd Oliver (Post 51578)
But A Squad kinda looked like they had their own Swat mode. So it made sense for B Squad to need their own swat mode. A Squad was pretty tough. B Squad should have had some trouble against them at first.

A-squad appeared to already be in a SWAT mode, so it made sense that they got owned pretty hard early on.

Starlight Starbrite 02/04/15 12:33 AM

I agree that it wouldn't be a fair fight without B Squad using Swat. A Squad had Swat like tech. The combination experiance and high tech powers made them dangerous. B Squad's training and power upgrade finally put them on an even playing field. It would have been noce to get more of A Squad though.

Lightspeed Zeo 02/05/15 11:50 AM

It was a case of poor writing. They forgot about A Squad until towards the end anyway. Might as well have not used then. I do wish we would have saw C Squad. Especially if the used the Lightspeed suits.

MattEmily 02/05/15 01:53 PM

I think it was just a case of the A-Squad Rangers not wanting to be heroes because they didn't get enough money or anything else of the sort and Gruumm offered them a bigger reward if they won the war and because A-Squad was greedy and they took themselves for granted they personally thought that with them aligning themselves with Gruumm that no one could beat them not even a well-trained B-Squad group of Rangers.