Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Trent will never be Tommy (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7630)

Smarty Pants Rose 12/11/16 09:30 PM

Re: Trent will never be Tommy

I don't want Trent to be Tommy. I want him to be Trent.

Super Zeo Ranger 12/11/16 11:53 PM

Trent is pretty cool in his own right. I don't care if he is like Tommy or not.

Mitchell's Navy 12/12/16 06:09 PM

I don't think many people claim he is. It would have been a mistake to try and make Trent another Tommy.

Super Rad 12/12/16 06:13 PM

Trent was just a disappointing character. Its too bad they couldn't do something closer to Abrakiller. I know they couldn't do it exactly like Sentai, I would just like a darker character than we got.

Zordon's Legacy 12/12/16 06:33 PM

You can't ignore the similarities. Evil Ranger who turns good and joins the team. There are obviously a lot of differences. I certainly wouldn't say Trent was ever the next Tommy. Cam had a chance to be but only being around a year isn't enough.

Tommy Hater 12/23/16 12:05 PM

Really, Trent is so much better than Tommy. Since he doesn't hog the spotlight. Trent is who Tommy should have been.

No Green Spandex 12/23/16 12:06 PM

I agree post White Ranger return. Tommy actually holds up real well as Green Ranger. Yes, I know my name is No Green Spandex.

White Spandex Rules 12/23/16 12:08 PM

I think Trent was good for who he was. But Tommy is an all time great. I liked him even more as White. But really I don't compare the two characters to each other. Not just because they were both under evil spells. Does that mean the Thunder Rangers are like Tommy?

Starlight Starbrite 12/23/16 12:12 PM

I don't think Trent was written to be a new Tommy. The only similarity is the evil Ranger thing..And even that was done differently . It also lasted a lot longer.

Goldar's Revenge 12/23/16 11:24 PM

The early arch with Trent clearly was meant to play off of "Green With Evil". His character became a toned down version of Abrekiller afterwards. But once Disney changed plans Trent became his own character.