PDA

View Full Version : VR Troopers In PR Multi-verse?

Super Cena
06/19/20, 11:37 AM
Is VR Troopers In the PR multi-verse?

Zabitan
06/19/20, 01:30 PM
Officially? I don't know.

I know a lot of folks myself included like to write stories where they are but that's it.

Goldar's Revenge
06/20/20, 11:36 AM
Its not impossible. But we can't say for sure since nothing on the show had ever pointed that out and nothing has been done with the property in decades. We do know Saban got the rights back in the Disney Purchase and therefore Hasbro now owns them ( ironically Hasbro owns Kenner, which did the toys). But the PR Multiverse concept does open.the door for this to become canon someday. I would say it would be more likely to happen in the Boom Comics.

VR Master
06/20/20, 11:37 AM
They could even say VR Teoopers happened in the main PRU if they want to.

Space Nerd
06/20/20, 11:38 AM
If Ninja Turtles can randomly show up in Space, VR Troopers could show up.

Zabitan
06/20/20, 12:19 PM
That's why I always hoped that if Power Rangers ever adapted any Sentai stuff with the new Gavan I wanted him to be Ryan Steele's son who became a new VR Trooper.

Ranger Black
06/20/20, 05:00 PM
It would be cool if someone from the PRU came to the Crossworlds Universe ( seems like a good name for the Troopers Universe) and help the current generation of VR Troopers connect to the morphing grid..

Ranger Eagle
06/20/20, 05:00 PM
I don't think so. That series was its own thing.

Bridge Boom
06/20/20, 05:02 PM
I always found it odd how Tommy was originally supposed to play Ryan Steele, yet they didn't think to have it be a true spinoff with JDF as Tommy.

Goldar's Revenge
06/20/20, 05:04 PM
Actually he was going to play Adam Steele in the Cybertron Poilit that Fox rejected. Plans changed when they decided to keep JDF on PR. Cybertron became VR Troopers and eas syndicated. Adam Steel was changed to Ryan and played by Brad Hawkins.

No Green Spandex
06/20/20, 05:05 PM
Would have been a lot better. Perhaps the Tommy character would have remained good in a different setting. He already did everything on Power Rangers and it was time for him to go. I am surprised they didn't think of having JDF play Tommy on Cybertron.

Todd Oliver
06/20/20, 05:07 PM
Even if they did and kept JDF in the role, its unlikely they could have have Tommy Oliver in Cybertron/VR Troopers. Unless Fox approved the pilot.

No Green Spandex
06/20/20, 05:08 PM
True Fox likely wouldn't have approved of them doing a PR spinoff off network.

Captain Codfish
06/20/20, 05:09 PM
Saban would have had the right to do so if they wanted. Its not like they didn't pitch to Fox first. Which is the common curtesy if not legally required.

Captain Logan Knows Best
06/20/20, 05:11 PM
But it could have still pissed Fox off. But I don't think there waa any plans to have JDF play Tommy. Adam was likely supposed to be older, given how old Ryan was.

Zabitan
06/20/20, 10:27 PM
Yeah I still wish they had Jason David Frank as Tommy on VR Troopers, and had Brad Hawkins as Ryan Steele be the White Ranger.

But that's what fanfiction is for I guess.

Maybe they could have just made VR Troopers a Fox Kids show.

Then they could have had a block of all the Saban superhero shows.

Goldar's Revenge
06/21/20, 11:55 AM
The original plan on Saban's side was for Cybertron to be a Fox Kids show. Fox said no because they didn't want to have too much of the same thing. That apparently changed by the time Masked Rider and Beetleborgs were created. But Saban did end up getting full control of Fox Kids by the end, so that could have played a role.

It was never the plan for the Tommy character to star in Cybertron. At least from what has been leaked. We can't say why they chose a new character. Perhaps they left it open for Tommy to still return to PR and not be saddled by whatever happened on Cybertron. Its not far fetched since Tommy was kept on MMPR ulitmately. So it stands to reason there was a lot in flux with JDF and his character's future on Power Rangers.

KimandTommy
06/21/20, 11:56 AM
Tommy needed to return to MMPR to be with Kimberly! The only way Tommy in VR Troopers would have worked is if Kimberly followed him. The idea of using Adam Steele, was silly.

MMPR Forever
06/21/20, 11:57 AM
Yes, MMPR without Tommy staying wouldn't have been as fun. Especially since we ended up losing Jason, Trini, and Zack soon after.

Everyone Loves Rocky
06/21/20, 11:58 AM
Rocky could have been the White Ranger and led the team.

Adam White Tiger
06/21/20, 11:59 AM
I would have had Adam become White Ranger and leader. They should have at least made him Red in real PR, so he could be second in command. At least they made him second in command in Zeo and Turbo.

Sentai Snob
06/21/20, 12:01 PM
Cybertron shold have stuck more closely to the source material and had Adam Steele be a full robot. Then they made it worse with the bastardized VR Troopers.

Superstatler
06/21/20, 12:02 PM
For all we know Adam could have turned out to be some type of andriod. We only ever got a pilot teaser.

Ranger Eagle
06/21/20, 12:03 PM
I doubt they would have went that route. But who knows?

Piccolo Diamond
06/21/20, 12:05 PM
Cybertron never would have lasted long. They were much better off keeping JDF and Tommy on MMPR. The reworked VR Troopers Series had more staying power because they added in another Metal Hero's series to adapt. Unfortunatelly there wasn't any modern Metal Hero Series to adapt further. So even VR Troopers was only going to last so long.

Trooper Supreme
06/21/20, 12:07 PM
I always thought VR Troopers should have moved to Fox Kids for season 3 and adapted the Beetle Metal Hero footage. It would have been perfect for VR Troopers. And easier to adapt then mismatching old metal hero shows. We could have got two more seasons of VR Troopers. They could have switched the toys to Bandai.

VR Master
06/21/20, 12:09 PM
Whether Fox Kids picked up Cybertron or JDF stayed,,, I think the series would have been heavily reworked anyway. It was clearly in the early stages of development. I could see them still miss matching the Metal Hero series down the line. It made too much sense not to and really had nothing to do with Adam Steele or no Adam Steele.

Scorpina Returns
06/21/20, 01:17 PM
I don't think we can say it takes place in the PRM unless something is every officially produced. Sadly, I don't think we will see more VR Troopers.

Krypto Ranger
06/22/20, 03:22 PM
I don't think so. But if they wanted to they could change that. So its not like it can't be. I am not sure if they will do anything with VR anytime soon.

Call Titanus
06/22/20, 03:33 PM
I would love if they made VR Troopers part of the multi-verse.

Zordon's Heroes
06/22/20, 08:42 PM
Its an interesting idea. I would love for Boom to make this happen.

Bones0123
06/24/20, 08:51 AM
I don't see the need for this. They are two different shows that just happen to be created by Saban Entertainment.

Green Scorpion Ranger
06/24/20, 11:49 AM
Not feeling it. There is no evidence to suggest they are part of the multi -verse.

PRangerX
06/24/20, 11:51 AM
I would like it to be personally . It would make perfect sense and would be easy to pull off. It wouldn't effect existing continuity since it would be an AU

MMPR White
06/25/20, 07:07 PM
Its a good idea. But it can't be true until something happens.

Original Power Rangers
06/25/20, 07:18 PM
It would be a great fit.

Roxy's Rebellion
06/26/20, 05:41 PM
I think its better to keep it separate.

Lady Katastrophe
07/02/20, 07:51 PM
Sure, why not. I sure hope there is a universe with my Lady Katastrophe idea.