PDA

View Full Version : VR Troopers and Mecha

PRangerX
04/14/11, 06:48 PM
Back in the day, I used to wish VR Troopers had Zords like the Power Rangers. The Skybase was cool, but it would have been nice if the VR Troopers had mecha of their own. I think it would have made the show more exciting and marketable. I would have rather have had them not use the Mecha every episode though. To try to be different from Power Rangers.

Zabitan
04/14/11, 08:18 PM
yeah that would have been cool to see them have individual mecha in fact that was one idea I had when I was trying to think of things to add to VR Troopers.

I used to think that's what the different modes of the VR Battle Cruiser were until I found out they were all just one vehicle.

Digifiend
04/16/11, 04:32 PM
JB and Kaitlin had to share, but Ryan did have his own mecha. In fact his season 2 one was a transforming robo.

Timefire
04/16/11, 05:31 PM
Yeahm that was what I was thinking, Ryan had one in season 2. Although I agree I also wished to see the Skybase tranforming

Zabitan
04/16/11, 05:37 PM
I thought it did transform into the Troopertron or maybe that was just in Spielban

Timefire
04/17/11, 05:59 AM
I think we never saw this in VR

Kamen Rider Decade
04/17/11, 11:51 AM
Mecha suck anymore. Form fight maybe for two seconds and boom finisher. Sometimes they don't even bother to fight in the robo just go straight to the finisher. Waste of time and money to even bother with the mecha.

PRangerX
04/17/11, 05:28 PM
Mecha suck anymore. Form fight maybe for two seconds and boom finisher. Sometimes they don't even bother to fight in the robo just go straight to the finisher. Waste of time and money to even bother with the mecha.

It can get formulaic. Thats why I suggested that any new VR Troopers shouldn't use mecha every episode like PR. I also agree that the current mecha isn't as good as the old ones.

Timefire
04/17/11, 06:25 PM
Yeah. I hate the samurai zords and the gokaiger one is boring too. I watched jetman last summer and that was what I want to see from mecha. Why they keep on ruining it?

PRangerX
04/17/11, 08:46 PM
One of the problems I have is the amount of zords they have. There is just so much mecha every year now and not enough of them stand out. The MMPR Zords we're special and stood out more. There wasn't so many zords. So they we're easier to remember.

Timefire
04/18/11, 11:29 AM
I agree. I hate that they use some extra zords for extra attacks. It makes the basic megazord garbage

Digifiend
04/21/11, 08:20 PM
I think we never saw this in VRIt's in the title sequence.

Zabitan
07/09/11, 07:59 PM
Semi OT what would you guys think if VR Troopers adapted Juspion cause the hero has a giant robot he uses to fight giant monsters (here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROalzyJg7aI))

GSXT
07/10/11, 05:37 PM
vr troopers base on metalder , spevialn , shadiler
vr troopers not base on juspion

grand nazica is vr troopers 's ship in vr troopers 's s1 and s2

Digifiend
07/13/11, 03:10 PM
GSXT, he knows. He was talking about a theoretical third season.

Zabitan
12/10/11, 02:52 PM
I know this seems like a weird thing to bump about but

GSXT, he knows. He was talking about a theoretical third season.

Well not even that I was thinking either that or Juspion being VR Troopers' "Sixth Ranger", or simply VRT using Juspion instead of Shaider for Ryan's season 2 armor.

Though what you said did give me an idea to use Juspion for that.

MattEmily
09/14/14, 03:11 AM
One of the problems I have is the amount of zords they have. There is just so much mecha every year now and not enough of them stand out. The MMPR Zords we're special and stood out more. There wasn't so many zords. So they we're easier to remember.
Sometimes I do agree that there are too many zords but that can also be seen more with the lessening of the episode count per year.
Also I don't think the fights are very long, that's one of my big issues. You can have as many zords as you want to but just like the Rangers and villains you need to give them character, they may be seen as tools even the ones that are sentient like the GalactaBeasts and Wildzords but they still need to have character otherwise they'll be seen as nothing more as a Giant Power Blast or Power Cannon.

I agree. I hate that they use some extra zords for extra attacks. It makes the basic megazord garbage

I don't mind the extra zords, they just don't handle them right.

Zabitan
09/15/14, 12:02 AM
What bugs me is when they have a gazillion extra zords and and only one ranger can use them.

MattEmily
09/15/14, 01:40 AM
that's true but I haven't seen anything like that except for maybe Wild Force but that was just a case of the Ranger actually being there at the moment the zords chose him or her and it wasn't like an automatic thing that only he/she could use them since it was regularly shown that Alyssa and Max could use Taylor's Bearzords because it was necessary for them to do so since Max and Alyssa's zords had to be detached.