PDA

View Full Version : Wormmon put the 'M' in Digimon

PrimoPiccolo
07/21/06, 06:03 PM
Once Season 2 was in full swing, I remember examining several websites so I could pin down exactly how to spell the name of Ken's Digimon partner. There was no concrete evidence until his very first Digivolution sequence, where you can clearly see "Wormmon" printed in the background.

But that spelling bothered me. Before and after him, all Digimon name origins with a M on the end were simply snipped off before adding the Mon suffix. Mushroomon, Blossomon, and Opossumon are clear examples of allowing the word to flow before your eyes. I wonder what made Wormmon an exception to the rule, and do you prefer Wormmon to the once possible spelling of Wormon?

MattEmily
05/20/14, 08:35 AM
I do find it interesting to say the least and a little bit off and awkward knowing about this but I personally think it's fine however the localizers want to spell it as long as it looks okay and works okay. I personally don't see a problem with it being Wormmon but I would find it off if say Blossomon was Blossommon since it just doesn't look right with Blossomon if it was actually Blossommon instead.